The Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a two-year program designed for students with different academic backgrounds. The primary objective of Thakur Global Business School (TGBS) is to shape our students into efficient leaders who can effectively tackle challenges in the business world.
To ensure that our students are ready to face the real business world, we have designed our curriculum with a perfect blend of theoretical knowledge and practical applications. Our curriculum is designed by a panel of industry experts and is updated regularly to keep pace with the business world trends.
In this blog, we will learn about the PGDM curriculum, both core and specialisations that you will learn over the two-year period at TGBS.
Eligibility Criteria for the PGDM Programme in TGBS
Before we check out the curriculum, let’s quickly glance through the eligibility criteria for PGDM to know whether you are qualified for admission at TGBS.
- You need to have at least 50% aggregate marks from any university that is recognised by UGC, AIU, or AICTE.
- You need to clear a common entrance test like the CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/GMAT/CMAT. You are also eligible for admission if you get the required results in the Common Entrance Examination conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell), Maharashtra State.
Typically, no two universities or business schools in India will have the same curriculum. Their curriculum is drafted according to their goals and expertise. Our PGDM programme is further divided into four courses: PGDM in Finance , Marketing, Human Resources and Operations. Let us look at the curriculum for each PGDM course according to semesters.
Semester 1: Introduction to the World of Management
Semester 1 for the Post Graduate Diploma in Management is further divided into core topics and specialisations. Let’s look at these topics:
Benefits of Our Well-Crafted Curriculum
A well-crafted curriculum for a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programme has the potential to provide a number of advantages that contribute to the comprehensive growth and achievement of students. The following are a few significant advantages TGBS PGDM programme has over other PGDM courses in Mumbai:
- Relevance to Industry: An effectively structured curriculum is in accordance with the latest industry trends and requirements, guaranteeing that students learn the necessary abilities and knowledge to thrive in a practical business setting.
- Skill Development: The PGDM curriculum we designed along with industry experts places emphasis on the development of a wide range of skills, including critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, leadership, teamwork, and decision-making.
- Application of Theory: The application of theory is facilitated through the integration of practical exercises, case studies, projects, and simulations within our curriculum. This approach effectively narrows the divide between academic knowledge and its real-world implementation.
- Flexibility and Specialisation: The smart and well-crafted curriculum at TGBS allows students to select specialised courses that match their career goals, allowing them to delve further into their areas of interest. For example, a PGDM in Financial Management has specialisations like Financial Analytics and Management of Banks.
- Experiential Learning: Through internships, industry projects, and experiential learning activities, students can gain practical knowledge and a greater comprehension of problems that people face in the real world.
- Networking and Industry Exposure: Exposure to the business world and networking possibilities are provided for students with our comprehensive curriculum that includes guest lectures, workshops, and discussions with business leaders.
The formulation of a meticulously designed curriculum for the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) has utmost importance in influencing the educational trajectory of students aiming to become future business leaders. At TGBS, our well-designed and carefully structured curriculum plays a crucial role in facilitating a transformative educational journey by providing students with the necessary abilities, information, and proficiencies to succeed in their careers.