Resource Center for Students with Special Needs
TGBS is dedicated to provide full accessibility to all of its programs and services for individuals with physical disability (orthopedic, visual / hearing impairment, dyslexia etc.). The office of DRC is dedicated to provide appropriate and reasonable concessions for students with disabilities, based upon individual needs. This ensures that students receive an equal opportunity to learn, participate in campus life, and grow emotionally and socially and to successfully complete the program of study that will enable them to be self supporting while remaining as independent as possible.
- TGBS Notice Board
- Institute Website
- Admission Brochure
The students with disabilities get:
- Extra 5 marks are considered for all differently abled (divyanjan) students during admission selection.
- Facility to record lectures.
- Extended loan period for Library books.
- Reading material in advance of lectures
- Book bank services
- Wheel chair, if needed
- Extended time for writing examinations, conducting practical / workshop practice
- Extended time line for submissions
- Additional support (writer)during examination
- Clear information about course requirements and deadlines well in advance
- Reserved seating in class
- Human support in outdoor activities
- Breaks during practical, if needed
- Meetings with office in -charge to discuss problems, if needed
Student responsibilities include:
- To self -identify as a student with a disability to the DRC office at the college
- To provide up-to-date documentation of the disability to the DRC Office
- To self-identify to faculty/mentor as a student with a disability and provide them with a copy of the individual student Profile.
- To remind faculty in a timely manner of academic concessions required for tests and assignments.
- To accept responsibility for his or her successful education . This includes maintaining satisfactory academic levels , attending classes, completing assignments, behaving appropriately, and communicating regularly with the appropriate office and/or individual regarding specific needs.
The office responsibilities includes:
- To assess student’s request for concessions using the current disability documentation provided by the students.
- To provide information regarding policies, procedures, rights and responsibilities to students with disabilities in accessible upon request.
- To recommend and provide reasonable and appropriate learning and testing concessions, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids for students with disabilities who meet the college or university criteria for eligibility.
- To ensure confidentiality of all information pertaining to student’s disabilities.
- To assist students in communicating with faculty about their disabilities and required concessions, if needed.
Faculty responsibilities include:
- To allow students disclose their disabilities in an appropriate and confidential place
- To provide reasonable instructional and/or testing concessions
- To ackowledge the rights of students with dignity and respect
- To maintain integrity, academic standards
- To maintain student confidentiality at all times